Commencing in September 15, 2022.
We are looking for an excellent candidate with high potential who has established an international recognized research agenda in the field of Computer Science, with particular expertise in Software Engineering.
Successful applicants are expected to:
• Have broad teaching capacity supporting both, undergraduate and graduate degrees
• Be capable of teaching a range of core classes in the curriculum, other than their specialization
• Offer elective courses and seminars to students
• Have extensive research experience in their field and a strong record of other scientific activities
• Demonstrate commitment to advancing a strong and growing research and scholarship agenda as appropriate to the discipline
• Perform service duties to contribute to the university community by engaging students, participating in events,
and performing other responsibilities
• Lead and supervise Bachelor, Master and Doctoral projects and contribute to the excellence in teaching at both,
undergraduate and graduate levels
• Assist in the fulfilment of educational mission of the Schools of Mathematics and Computer Science and engage in
interdisciplinary collaborations across the university
Major differences between international academic positions are summarized as follows:
Professor: Standard Teaching Load: 6 ECTS hours/week; General Curriculum Support (teaching core/mandatory subjects of the program); Conducts research using KIU affiliation; Holds relevant PhD degree
Visiting Professor: Invited to teach particular subjects; Holds relevant PhD degree
Adjunct Professor: Commitment for the whole semester; Individual subjects specified; No minimal teaching obligation
Visiting Lecturer: Invited to teach particular subjects; Can teach one module of the subject; No minimal teaching obligation
KIU is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to the principle of nondiscrimination in all employment related practices including, but not limited to recruitment, supervision, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other practices and decisions affecting university employment status, rights, and privileges. KIU explicitly encourages international candidates who would bring additional diversity dimension to KIU research and teaching strategies.
The deadline for submission of documents is July 18, 2022, (18:00 GEO Time Zone).
Please indicate the title of the vacancy in the subject line of the email.
KIU Academic Positions Guideline: AC_GUIDE_001
Application form with Application Checklist: AC_FORM_004
Applications should be submitted (in English language) via email to: HR.Academic@kiu.edu.ge